Wednesday, December 12, 2007

GraceNotes from all over...

I've been looking around the internet, getting back in a "Tear down the High Places" state of mind due to some recent events (both personal and global). I'm finding it both amazing and disheartening that people so easily fall from the grace of God. Matthew Murray seems to have had quite a problem with Pentacostalism, and like many of the issues and stories I've alluded to in a few broadcasts, he allegedly posted of some issues not unlike those I've witnessed in Pentacostalism...

The author describes going with his mother to a conference at New Life. The poster said he “got into a debate” with two prayer team staff members, who monitored him then tracked down his mother and “told her a story that went something along the lines of I ‘wasn’t walking with the lord and could be planning violence.’”

If I had a dime for every time I heard I wasn't "walking with the Lord" because of something I had done in church, I could buy and sell Paul Crouch, Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland Combined. I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a dirth of Gospel preaching at New Life Church.

Speaking of Brother Copeland, here's a report from last march I hadn't seen, but am not surprised about at all...



On the Episcopal Church and it's woes, I ran into this report on Trinity Episcopal church in Vero Beach, who may split with the National Episcopal Church...

The Episcopal Church nationally has a "culture the Holy Spirit cannot honor," Rev. Lorne Coyle said. "It is losing members."

Dennis Lindberg, a 14 year old Jehovah's witness and suffering from Lukemia, Died after refusing a transfusion that would have saved his life. What's different about this one than any other story you've heard like this before? His Parents wanted him to get the transfusions, but a judge deemed the boy was old enough to understand that refusing the treatment "could amount to a death sentence".

I'm still reading "The Everlasting Angel and the Mountain of Fire". I need a breath of fresh air and happily this does the trick. See everyone on the Radio this Sunday!

No comments: